October 4, 2012

It's chasing me down!

I thought it was finally over. I really thought I could get over this issue once and for all! At the office, the person sitting by my side has an iMac. Yes, it's that kind of iMac! S.N. starting with W86*... It had 4 lines running across the monitor, all four on the left side. Ever since i joined that office i warned the problem would get worse and vertical lines would pop as time went by.

Today the fifth mark on the display appeared... Was it a line? Oh no... it was much more than a line. It is a grey strip running all along the center of the monitor! About 4cm width defect on the screen panel which has rendered it completely unusable for work.

I really had believed the issue was well gone but now i feel it more alive than ever!

My personal iMac at home gained a dead pixel a few weeks ago.
An iMac at the office is ruined thanks to a factory defect.

I'm sure it will mark the end of that iMac. I'll try calling apple regarding the iMac @ the office. If you still have this issue that's my advice, call apple now and let them know!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Same vertical lines in 2008 appeared on my early 2006 core duo imac with 17" LCD replaced under apple care. Lost backlight in late 2012. All other functions still work on mac.

QPT said...

We wish ur issues will be solved in theis coming new year 2013

Funny Quotes video

rajesh said...

I downloaded the cloud app on my IMac and it works great, I drag and drop a file into the cloud icon and it is automatically on my personal could page online. I can view these files from my iPad but there's no way for me to put files on cloud from my iPad because I cannot download the cloud app for my iPad. Is there anyway that I can easily file share between my two devices?
imac repairs

Anonymous said...

I have at last got a full refund off Apple for £1,230,and i will not be buying an iMac that`s for sure.
I have evan wrote to Argos to point out to them that there is a fault with the computer.
They answered back we look in to this in our other channels.
The new Mac Mini has also got a fault with the HDMI Port. Intel and Apple have acknowledged this to put it right a download of EFI Firmware Update 1.7. This is on their website.
I have Googled this and it dosn`t work

Anonymous said...

I have at last got a full refund off Apple for £1,230,and i will not be buying an iMac that`s for sure.
I have evan wrote to Argos to point out to them that there is a fault with the computer.
They answered back we look in to this in our other channels.
The new Mac Mini has also got a fault with the HDMI Port. Intel and Apple have acknowledged this to put it right a download of EFI Firmware Update 1.7. This is on their website.
I have Googled this and it dosn`t work

Anonymous said...

I have at last got a full refund off Apple for £1,230,and i will not be buying an iMac that`s for sure.
I have evan wrote to Argos to point out to them that there is a fault with the computer.
They answered back we look in to this in our other channels.
The new Mac Mini has also got a fault with the HDMI Port. Intel and Apple have acknowledged this to put it right a download of EFI Firmware Update 1.7. This is on their website.
I have Googled this and it dosn`t work

Bindhu apvision said...

Good informative read, Thank you so much for nice information….. For more details imac price in india

meermarki said...

I am a life insurance analyst. I visited the blog and found it cute,easy to navigate and information based.Now I intend to use the much needed info in my blog here.
”State Life”The only tested and the trusted friend of many satisfied and happy policy holders of Pakistan.